Yoga as Lifestyle Medicine I – Interactive Online Version – with On-Demand Content Available NOW
September 25 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$1175
Level I certification prepares clinicians to implement Medical Therapeutic Yoga along with a complete system of complementary care into their medical specialty. The course features interactive, online learning to complete case studies as well as critically analyzing physical yoga movement and respiratory therapies. Students will learn how to determine the root cause(s) of a condition in the context of Lifestyle Medicine using Biopsychosocial and Functional Movement Assessments. Principles of Lifestyle Medicine are discussed in light of the skyrocketing rates of chronic disease and pain in the US affecting co-and-multimorbidities. Additional emphasis on strategies that support optimal patient outcomes including mindfulness, health promotion and sustained adherence through affecting behavioral change are included. All of the techniques you learn in this level can also be applied to telehealth and e-visits with patients and clients.
This course is typically taught in-person, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic Ginger has now moved it to an online experience. This course will be offered 4 times annually, approximately 1x/quarter. You will complete the materials (20 hours) online and then attend a 7 hour live pre-scheduled session approximately 10 days later.
DATE: Friday, September 25, 2020
What You Will Need to Participate:
- A dedicated computer that can run Zoom
- Hardwire internet (better than a wifi connection, which can be unstable, although using wifi is fine)
- Your yoga equipment – you will get an email with a list of equipment you will need
- Take online Modules 1.1-1.3 and 2.1-2.2 (5 CE) to get the most from this course. You can sign up with our content partner, Embodia Academy, here.
- Optional – a patient model that you can “teach” during the on-demand lab sessions (not the live interactive session) in order to practice your skills, although this isn’t required. You can certainly practice the poses yourself.
You will receive pre-recorded class materials to as soon as you sign up. You will join Ginger for a live session Friday September 25, 2020. If you cannot attend this live session, you can join another cohort at a later date to complete your certification.
A total of 27 CE is awarded. We are an approved PT provider for NC & CA and pending in many other states. Contact us for details.