Healthcare providers, including providers of PT, OT, and AT services, as well as their assistants, are qualified to enroll in the Integrative Lifestyle Medicine & Medical Therapeutic Yoga Certification programs. The Professional Yoga Therapist credential is awarded after completion of both certifications. Learn more about how Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine can change your practice and how you treat your patients below.
How do I get Certified?
For the Integrative Lifestyle Medicine (ILM) Certification (24 hours total):
- Take Modules 1-4 (20 CE online)
- Take 2 Electives (two courses of 2 hours each; 4 CE)
For a free webinar on this training, click here
To earn both the Professional Yoga Therapist & ILM Certification:
- Take the ILM Certification then:
- Module 5 (27 CE) – Level I Certification – here
- Module 6 (28 CE) – Level II Certification – here
- Module 7 (38 CE) – Level III Certification – here Lodging for this retreat-style CE (meals included) are available separately.
For a free webinar on the PYT Certification, click here
Do I qualify for certification?
A minimum of 60 semester hours of college credit and corresponding degree from an accredited university or college in a field of medicine or healthcare. You must hold a license to practice in the state of your respective medical field. Medicine, mental health, physiology, or rehabilitation are all degrees and licenses commonly held by applicants, but the vast majority of our students are PT, OT, or ATC’s. If you do not have a healthcare provider license but you have a degree that allows you to work directly with licensed healthcare providers, and you are looking to apply Yoga and Lifestyle Medicine in your work as a yoga teacher, then you may qualify for the Professional Yoga Therapist Associate (PYTA) program. Contact our office directly for more information about this program.
What is the cost?
The ILM (entirely online) is $575. Level I tuition (online & live components) – $1175. Level II tuition (online & live components) – $1225, and Level III tuition (onsite) – $1875, which also includes the final Case Community Competency mentorship tuition.
What are the graduation requirements?
- ILM Certification – Modules 1-4 plus 2 electives
- Professional Yoga Therapist Certification – ILM Certification PLUS
- Level I Certification – Level I Course, passing grade on exam and case study
- Level II Certification – Level II Course, essay assignment
- Level III Certification – Level III Course, passing grade on exit exam, complete journal log and CCC (Case Community Competency) project
What other continuing education courses and classes are available?
- The Integrative Lifestyle Medicine & Medical Therapeutic Yoga Certification are just part of what we offer to healthcare providers.
- We offer Professional Courses here.
- We offer Public Classes here.
- Coming soon! In 2021, LWI will begin moving Dr. Garner’s well respected Hip Differential Diagnosis and Integrative Management & Perinatal CE courses online.
Looking to earn free tuition or create additional revenue for your healthcare facility? Host a course!
- Even though our courses are now online, you can still host one of our courses for healthcare providers.
- We have guidelines for universities, hospitals systems, and clinics who would like to host a course and two models for generating revenue, which include free tuition or profit sharing.
- Courses available to host include:
- Introduction to Medical Therapeutic Yoga
- Introduction to Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine in Practice
- Hip Labrum Differential Diagnosis & Integrative Management
- Prenatal Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine
- Postpartum Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine
- All courses teach meditation and mindful movement, as well as Lifestyle Medicine-driven management, through the Integrative lens of Yoga.
- Course length can be customized to fit your facility needs, but typically range from short lectures of 1-2 hours to full courses that are 8-16 hours (1-2 days) in length.
- Contact our office to inquire about Hosting a Course.
Find the Course that Suits You
Continuing Education in Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine for Healthcare Providers
Here is a list, updated annually, of the dates and times for the live interactive portions of Level I, II, and III courses. The ILM Certificate is entirely online and self-paced. Level I and II are self-paced, with a final 1 day live interactive session that is offered once quarterly. The Level III course is a training intensive that happens on average, 1-2 times annually in the gorgeous, naturally socially- distanced Blue Ridge Mountains of NC.
Integrative Lifestyle Medicine Certificate
This course prepares the licensed PT, OT, and/or AT to use Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine in patient and health promotion intervention, which is easily implemented via telehealth and group therapy.
- March 6, 2021
- June 18, 2021
- September 26, 2021
- November 5, 2021
This course has recorded and live components.
- February 19, 2021
- May 21, 2021
- August 21, 2021
- November 12, 2021
This course has recorded and live components.
- These dates are COVID prognosis dependent. Reserve your spot now!
- April 30-May 5, 2021
- October 8-13, 2021
This course is retreat-style & held in-person.
To learn about the full array of courses and classes we offer, visit our course catalog. We offer both Professional Courses for CE credit, as well as general fitness classes for the public.
Forms for Current Students
- CCC Forms – Please complete these forms for preapproval and final submission of your CCC (community) project
- Graduation Application – Please use this form to track and submit the requirements to graduate from the Medical Therapeutic Yoga Certification/Professional Yoga Therapist program
- LWI Annual CEU Guidelines and Submittal – Please use this form to submit your annual CEU renewal and keep your PYT Certification in good standing (Provider or Professional Membership renewal)
Please don’t hesitate to email our Director of Student Affairs, email@example.com.