Meet the new face of PYTI, Living Well Institute and all the new programs we have to offer. I am excited to announce our new website, new name, new look, new patient care services, and new programs!
Why make the change?
The process of rebuilding during COVID-19
I sat down in front of my computer, exhausted, the morning after flying back on a red eye from the hot zone in California on March 16. I knew I was facing quarantine, a closure of my clinical practice, and cancellation of all of my scheduled in-person courses.
I had already been working for months on the new programs launch. And sadly I knew the old site just couldn’t house the new programs.
But instead of losing hope, I decided that COVID-19 was offering me a silver lining. It was time to reboot and allow Living Well Institute to meet our new healthcare needs during COVID-19 and beyond.
I have been working behind the scenes for over a year to make this transition. I just wasn’t sure when the right timing would be. Since there is no such thing as perfect timing, I figured the universe (thanks coronavirus) was offering me the time to go dark on the internet for nearly 10 days while I created the new site behind the scenes.
Vulnerability, Meet the National News Hour
During that time I was contacted by PBS News Hour after I made a comment on their Facebook feed about coping during COVID-19. I had no idea then that my story would became part of their final piece on Americans suffering form the pandemic’s financial fallout.
It was a hard interview to do, and it certainly wasn’t how I wanted to make my debut on national news. But I feel it was important to embrace the raw vulnerability and discomfort I felt. So I agreed to do the interview, because it was my way to share suffering and the burden that this “new normal” is creating for us all. Together, is the only way we can move forward and recover.
Through this hard transition and incredible uncertainty we are all living, I am excited for you to meet Living Well Institute. The name was chosen because it is a full circle return to my company’s namesake, Living Well, Inc. The change reflects our bright and hopeful future.
How Living Well can help you:
Meet Living Well Institute, launched as a response to the rapidly changing landscape of healthcare. We need Lifestyle & Integrative Medicine more now than ever, and Living Well Institute is offering the programs and resources you need to thrive:
- For professionals – Innovative continuing education for all levels of practitioners (yoga teachers, therapists, and licensed medical providers) in Integrative Lifestyle Medicine.
- For individuals – Book services online through EudeMOMia Integrative PT & Lifestyle Medicine. Not sure if I can help you, sign up for a free 10′ phone consult here.
Living Well Institute features that benefit you:
- An easier to navigate, more user friendly website.
- Booking telehealth & group classes are just a click away.
- Join us as a student and gain access to the new Clinical Toolbox! I am excited to be rolling out new tools for Integrative Lifestyle Medicine practice, which includes Medical Therapeutic Yoga. If you want to get on the list to be notified when the Toolbox is released, click here. No other action is needed on your part. If you aren’t a student and want to start training, click here.
- Increased visibility for you as a PYT and PYTI alumni! Our website is being optimized and is part of a larger plan to help you get noticed! To take advantage of this service, please make sure your profile is updated in the Therapist Finder. We’ve noticed many of you have old addresses, credentials, names, and/or locations. UPDATE MY LISTING – We get a LOT of queries on finding a therapist so please make sure you take advantage of this service if you are a student or graduate.
- A new partnership with Embodia Academy! I have partnered with Embodia Academy to offer an exciting NEW ONLINE CERTIFICATE program that will help you expand your reach and diversify your income streams while ALSO improving patient outcomes and keeping overhead low. Watch the 1′ video below to learn about the new Integrative Lifestyle Medicine Certificate!
- Last but least for those of you looking for online resources to practice Medical Therapeutic Yoga, “Yoga 2.0,” I’ve just expanded the library to over 60 videos. Learn more and sign up here.
I do hope you like the new site & changes! Please be patient as I rebuild the new features during this time of quarantine and pandemic. We are working as quickly as possible to get new services and programs up and running.
You can help me out through this process by letting me know if you see anything amiss on the site, such as dead end or broken links or missing information.
I really appreciate your continued support through this process of rebuilding! We have always a dedicated small family business, and my mission has always been to transform healthcare through changing medical continuing education and patient care. I hope this new site helps us to better accomplish that mission, together!
Warmest regards for living well,
Ginger Garner PT, DPT, ATC, LAT
Living Well Institute, CEO