Victorious or Overcoming (Ujyaii) Breath (Podcast)
Join Ginger for a 10 minute guided breath practice and morning meditation focusing on deep abdominal breathing combined with victorious/overcoming breath (ujyaii pranayama), recorded live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina.
The Meditation includes:
- Three Tier Approach, known as the Yoga Couch, Windshield Wipers pose, Happy Baby pose, Seated or Supine meditation (corpse/relaxation pose).
- Breathing techniques, including Abdominal/Deep Breathing
- Hand postures, including Anjali mudra (palms together as in prayer hands)
- Focusing on breath awareness and deep abdominal breathing for improved empowerment, confidence, parasympathetic nervous system function, oxygenation, energy levels, and neuroendocrine regulation.
- Learning overcoming or victorious breath (ujyaii pranayama) for increased oxygen saturation and vital capacity beyond what regular abdominal breathing can offer.
Optional equipment needed can include:
- Yoga mat
- Two Mexican blankets folded in three tier approach, known as the “Yoga Couch“
- Eye bag to cover eyes if preferred
Want more meditations from Ginger? Please let her know by contacting us.