It has been a long year and we are ready for some much-needed self-care. Enter, the third official Alumni Retreat to Costa Rica!
This retreat is a time for current and former students to come together, see old friends, and make new ones. This is one of our favorite weeks of the year! Recharge at a private, off the grid eco resort nestled in the jungle of the Osa Peninsula. Located on a beautiful, family owned resort on a remote piece of paradise, you will have access to a variety of activities like:
- Free and Paid Excursions including horseback riding, kayaking at sunset, waterfall rappelling
- Yoga classes lead by Dr. Garner and fellow alum – everyone typically brings their “clinical specialty” along and is able to offer a class of their choice. It isn’t required, but everyone usually LOVES sharing their wisdom! Past classes have included:
- Labyrinth Meditation – Building and walking a labyrinth made from jungle objects (Roselee Wondra, we thank you for this amazing sunset experience!)
- Myofascial release (Dr. Barbara Rabin is simply amazing at getting our fascia to unwind)
- Thai Yoga Massage (Thanks Dr. Katie Goroncy!)
- Medical Therapeutic Yoga
- Dr. Ginger teaches “Surf and Turf,” Inversion, & Restorative MTY classes
- Everyone else has pitched in as they like!
- Kundalini Yoga (thanks Pat Staszak!)
- Marma Point Massage, and more….
- Excellent, organic, locally sourced food by private chef
- Surfing and Board rentals (surfing lessons are available as well, and for kids too!)
- The Pacific Ocean right out your front door (in fact, yes, you can hear it from your bed), bathwater warm with a black lava rock/sand beach primed and ready for the perfect swim and/or nature-provided facial
- Large saltwater swimming pool and smaller dipping pool
- Spa treatments such as massage and acupuncture
We have to share a few memories of past trips first…
When: Saturday February 12 – Saturday February 19th. Many attendees plan for two days of travel, with the Friday evening before the start of the retreat spent exploring Costa Rica’s capital, San José and airport-friendly nearby Alajuela.
Who: This retreat is meant for Living Well Institute Alumni/current students and their friends and family. Feel free to bring a significant other, kids, or bestie to share the week with! Kids under 10 can come at a deep discount. Contact us for details and to reserve space for kids!
Lodging: Choose between three beautiful, open air options! Each are priced accordingly. All are located a short walk from the ocean, incredible outdoor showers, and monkeys!
A private tent covered with a thatched roof. Each has two twin beds and porch, located close to showers and bathrooms.
Ocean front villa that sleeps four, with one king size and two twin beds (all with mosquito netting). This house is the closest to the surf spot!
Ocean front villa that sleeps four with two king sized beds, each in a private room. This house is closest to a small dipping pool.
We love this resort because it is family run, off the grid, private (we have the entire resort to ourselves!), and full of unspoiled, organic nature. The best part is – it’s one of the most affordable ways to see Costa Rica.
All lodging options are available on payment plans. The first payment serves as a non-refundable deposit to hold your spot. Included in the price of lodging are three, healthy and delicious meals each full day made by local organic ingredients! (First day includes dinner, last day includes a light breakfast for the road).
- Platform Tent
- private tent (all to yourself) – 3 payments of $600
- shared tent (you and a chosen roommate, or let us pair you up!) – 3 payments of $466.67
- Casa Rio (sleeps maximum of 5 guests… 2 kings and a twin) or Troya (sleeps maximum of 4 guests…a king and 2 twins)
- Each casa lodging bed can be reserved for 3 payments of $566.67
- Let us know if you have a group of four you would like to stay with. This is a great option for families!
If you want to register for a Casa, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preference when you register.
- Kids under 10 are welcome, and the price is super affordable!
- $575 in Rio or Troya
- $400 in a platform tent
- Email email@example.com to register a kid’s spot
If you want to ensure you share lodging with someone else (either a casa or a tent), email Naomi so we can arrange it at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are so looking forward to another wonderful week on the beautiful Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica! Please register early as space is extremely limited. After you register, we will email you an information pack to help you plan your trip. Please contact us with any questions you may have!