Battling the Growing Healthcare Crisis
Healthcare is undergoing rapid change—both in terms of delivery and policy. Stressors related to funding as well as obtaining qualified candidates will continue to affect delivery of care. Add to this, skyrocketing chronic disease rates and you have the perfect storm. According to data released in 2018 from the United Health Foundation:
- Chronic disease deaths, (contributing to the nation’s premature death rate) increased for the fourth straight year, driven by suicide and drug deaths
- Drug deaths jumped 25 percent in a single year from 2017 to 2018
- Cardiovascular deaths have steadily risen since 2015
- Obesity is at an all-time high, doubling in adults and tripling in children in just under a decade, according to the CDC
- Mental distress measured by the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) increased 7 percent from 2016 to 2018.
- More Americans than ever report poorer health – in fact the incidence of health distress is on the rise, showing a 5% increase in a two-year study.
These record-breaking stats point to a growing need to address the root causes of disease with evidence-based therapies based on lifestyle modifications in that areas of diet, exercise, sleep and stress – also known as Lifestyle Medicine. Runaway costs are forcing a greater emphasis on prevention. According to the American College of Preventive Medicine:
- 86% of all healthcare dollars spent go to chronic conditions
- More than half of US adults have at least one condition, accounting for 90% of healthcare spending
- The Federal Congressional Budget office estimates that if costs continue to rise, by 2050 Medicaid and Medicare alone will account for 20% of the GDP
We train your employees to:
- Implement a Lifestyle & Integrative Medicine program in your facility.
- Lower overhead and costs while improving patient outcomes with low-tech, low-cost, scientifically proven methods.
- Expand your facility’s reach by offering cutting edge Functional, Integrative, and Lifestyle Medicine programming
- Tackle the opioid and chronic pain and disease epidemic by being able to advertise Lifestyle Medicine and MTY Services in your area
- Improve public speaking, teaching efficacy, & expand research in academic institutions
Discover the learning path that suits your facility needs.
- Host Onsite Training – Bring Dr. Garner to your facility or virtually to train staff through customized courses that can range from 1-2 hours or 1-2 days.
- One easy way to get started is to have staff complete the ILM Certificate first.
- The next step is to continue on through the Medical Therapeutic Yoga Certification, a comprehensive program that prepares your staff to implement Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine in your facility, for patients and for employee wellness and occupational health.
- Please contact our office through the form below in you would like to bring Dr. Garner to your facility virtually or in person or if you have questions about the program.
To learn about the full array of courses and classes we offer, visit our course catalog.